Call for Special Tracks
The STI/ENID 2020 conference will be held 2-4 September 2020 in Aarhus, Denmark.
This edition will have a special focus on the interplay between the construction and use of Science, Technology and Innovation indicators in science policy and performance evaluations, and the potential effects they have on research integrity.
The conference will have a mix of traditional paper and poster sessions, as well as special track sessions where the presentation form can vary. The paper and poster call opens February 12; deadline for submissions are April 1, and notification is June 15.
Call for special track submissions
The STI2020 will have a number of special tracks dedicated to specific STI topics. The duration of special tracks can vary. We encourage that special track proposals consider different kinds of presentation formats in order to stimulate discussions, e.g. provocations, panels, fish bowls, paper presentations with discussants; however, traditional paper presentations using the regular call for papers are also welcome.
Special track proposals should include:
- A brief topic presentation and a motivation for its relevance for the STI2020 conference.
- A description and motivation of the presentation format.
- The proposed mode of involving participants, e.g. open calls or direct invitation.
- Time needed for the track and a schedule for suggested number of presentations.
Special track proposals can have a maximum length of 500 words. The call opens November 15, 2019 and the submission deadline is January 31, 2020. Proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The STI2020 Programme Committee reviews the special track proposals and notification of accepted tracks is February 10, 2020.
Notice, organisers of special tracks are responsible for invitation of speakers, if needed, peer reviewing of submissions, as well as conducting the sessions under the general guidelines issued by the Program Committee.
We encourage special track contributions to reflect the theme and general topics covered by the conference. This includes:
- Indicators of science, technology and innovation (e.g., systemic and behavioural effects of indicators; responsible use of indicators; measuring socio-economic impact; societal impact etc.)
- Research integrity (e.g., responsible conduct of research and the challenges from indicators; questionable or detrimental research practices; research misconduct; damaging behaviours by research institutions, sponsors, or journals; promoting research integrity etc.)
- Research evaluation (performance and incentives; diversity in evaluations; mixed-methods and case studies; responsible evaluation; mapping in evaluation studies)
- Open science (Open Access; Open data; Open reproducible research; Open science evaluation; Open science and the academic reward system; Open science policies; Open science tools etc.)
- Meta-perspectives (e.g. inter, trans- and multidisciplinarity; meta-science, science of science and research on research; foundations for STI studies; challenges and opportunities of STI studies; theories and foundations of indicators)
- Careers in science (e.g. global diversity in research; gender biases in science; inclusion policies; early career researchers experience; careers outside academia; mobility of scientists; career equity etc.)
- Science funding (e.g. funding effects; inequalities in funding; funding models; mapping funding landscapes and priorities etc.)
Important dates & filesThe call for special tracks can be downloaded as PDF here:
Call for Special Tracks, PDF version (90KB)
Please feel free to distribute the file and/or link to our website to interested colleagues.
|Conference dates:||September 2nd - 4th, 2020|
|Early Bird registration (final date):||July 15, 2020|
|Final registration:||August 21, 2020|
|Call for Special Tracks announced:||November 15, 2010|
|Submission deadline, special tracks (no extension possible):||January 31, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance, special tracks:||February 10, 2020|
|Papers and posters|
|Call for Papers & Posters announced:||February 12, 2020|
|Submission deadline, papers & posters:||April 1, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance, papers & posters:||June 15, 2020|