Call for Papers
The STI/ENID 2020 conference will be held 2-4 September 2020 in Aarhus, Denmark.
This edition will have a special focus on the interplay between the construction and use of Science, Technology and Innovation indicators in science policy and performance evaluations, and the potential effects they have on research integrity.
The conference will have a mix of traditional paper and poster sessions, as well as special track sessions where the presentation form can vary.
Call for paper and poster submissions
We welcome contributions on the general topics covered by the conference, as well as contributions to open special tracks. This includes contributions on:
- Indicators of science, technology and innovation (e.g., systemic and behavioural effects of indicators; responsible use of indicators; measuring socio-economic impact; societal impact etc.)
- Research integrity (e.g., responsible conduct of research and the challenges from indicators; questionable or detrimental research practices; research misconduct; damaging behaviours by research institutions, sponsors, or journals; promoting research integrity etc.)
- Research evaluation (performance and incentives; diversity in evaluations; mixed-methods and case studies; responsible evaluation; mapping in evaluation studies)
- Open science (Open Access; Open data; Open reproducible research; Open science evaluation; Open science and the academic reward system; Open science policies; Open science tools etc.)
- Meta-perspectives (e.g. inter, trans- and multidisciplinarity; meta-science, science of science and research on research; foundations for STI studies; challenges and opportunities of STI studies; theories and foundations of indicators)
- Careers in science (e.g. global diversity in research; gender biases in science; inclusion policies; early career researchers experience; careers outside academia; mobility of scientists; career equity etc.)
- Science funding (e.g. funding effects; inequalities in funding; funding models; mapping funding landscapes and priorities etc.)
Special tracks open for submissionsClick here for descriptions of all special tracks
- Advanced bibliometric indicators and approaches for research evaluation
- Bibliometric studies of open access publications
- Gender studies in science and technology studies (STS): a closer look at variables
- Mapping research related to sustainable development goals
- Methodological challenges in identifying and measuring the effects of science policies on performance indicators
- Questionable publishing across different countries
- Reflexive bibliometrics: new perspectives on practices of scrutinization in scientometrics
- Science communication and research impact
- All submissions will be assessed according to their policy relevance; we therefore encourage authors to motivate and reflect upon this.
- Submissions submitted or published elsewhere before the conference will not be accepted for presentation.
- Please take into consideration who will be presenting the work, in case of acceptance, as we will strive to have a maximum of one presentation per participant.
Important dates & filesTemplates
We are currently working on an improved paper template. Please check back in the coming weeks as it will be ready very soon.Submissions
- Short paper (max 3,000 words) with a comprehensive description of a completed study
- Research-in-progress (max 2,000 words) with a description of an ongoing study
- Posters (max 1,000 words) with an abstract of the study (template available on http://sti2020.org)
|Conference dates:||September 2nd - 4th, 2020|
|Early Bird registration (final date):||July 15, 2020|
|Final registration:||August 21, 2020|
|Call for Special Tracks announced:||November 15, 2010|
|Submission deadline, special tracks (no extension possible):||January 31, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance, special tracks:||February 10, 2020|
|Papers and posters|
|Call for Papers & Posters announced:||February 12, 2020|
|Submission deadline, papers & posters:||April 1, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance, papers & posters:||June 15, 2020|